View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #1832 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Was close to there yesterday. I'm about 40 minutes away. I'm in Brownsville.

If you are planning to do all of the Blue Ridge. Plan on 2 days. Do it in the middle of the week. The weekends have heavy traffic of sightseers. We did half of it 2 years ago coming back from ZDayZ.
No kidding... my mother's side of the family has lived in G-burg for the past 40-odd years.

Two years ago I drove from Chicago to Waynesboro, VA, drove the entirety of the Blue Ridge, and made it back to the Chi in one sleep-cycle. Took about 27 hours. I hit the BRP at dawn so I had the road all to myself (minus the NPS Police) until Roanoke. A section of BRP north of Asheville was closed for construction so I didn't technically complete the whole route.. I will be correcting that oversight next week . Leaving around 5-6pm Sunday. Taking into account stops to fix all the myriad little bugs I'm sure will pop up, I'll hit the southern portal to BRP just before dawn.