View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
mokhan996
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
mokhan996 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Background. I have the Z1 34 row oil cooler. Been running it for years. My opinion. There is only 2 oil coolers to get. The Z1 or the FI 34 row coolers. Get a 34 row cooler. The smaller coolers will help, but may not be large enough sometimes. You can always add some block plates if the oil is too cold.

The stock oil filter will fit with the thermostatic plate. Which is a must, unless you are a totally track car. When closed. The plate is still open about 10%. This is to warm the oil in the cooler. The why to this is because you don't want cold oil flowing into a hot motor when the plate opens fully. This would cause some thermo shock to some engine parts.

Oil flow.

When cold. From the oil pump to the thermostatic plate. (About 10% of oil will flow to the cooler and back to the oil passages.) From the plate to the filter. Filter to the oil passages.

When hot. From oil pump to plate. From plate to cooler, Cooler to filter, Filter to oil passages.
See that's the only thing out of the entire explanation that everyone has given me, what the hell are block off plates???? Like what?! Lol Like do I truly need them? Where do I get them? Where do they bolt onto?? I'm so confusion :/ and no I'm not taking my Z to the track maybe ever. So if I don't run a Thermo Plate I'll risk having cold oil going into a hot motor. Got cha. Thermo Plate for sure in my purchase!
mokhan996 is offline   Reply With Quote