View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
mokhan996
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
mokhan996 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The sandwich adapter goes between the oil filter and the motor, with lines running into and out of the core. That's how the cooler gets fed oil. A thermostatic sandwich plate had a temperature controlled valve in it that blocks most all of the oil flow until the oil heats up. That way it can still get up to temp. It's like the thermostat in your cooling system. The blockoff plate is only needed if the oil is getting overcooled in winter. It just covers part of the cooler to block airflow to it, and raise the temp of the oil.
Okay here goes a ear full of questions haha.

-What happens if I don't run a Thermostatic Sandwich Plate?

-If I do run a Thermostatic Plate, from my understanding the Oil Filter is on the Thermo Plate, and the Thermo Plate is connected to the STOCK Oil Cooler?

-How does the Z1 Cooler work? So during the Winter how does the Z1 Cooler shut down to get up to temp? Does the stock oil cooler do the job to get it up to temp and THEN the Z1 Cooler kicks back on?

-When the Z1 Cooler shuts down, do I still have oil in and out of my oil filter? Just asking because Ive seen a picture on Google with the Lines running out of the Thermo Plate, so if it shuts down, am I "filterless" until it kicks back on when up to temp?

-Also why would I need to change Oil Filter types? Why cant I use the OE Oil Filter? And if it has to be changed, which brand filter would you recommend?
Sorry for these nonsense questions lol, gotta knowwwww

Last edited by mokhan996; 05-09-2019 at 03:59 PM.
mokhan996 is offline   Reply With Quote