View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 08:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesc View Post

Thanks everyone for your help, these forums have been GOLD!
Forget the Stillen and get a Hayden 1676 from ebay/amazon for $30. Same one Z1 sells and rated for 10k GVWR.

Yesterday I mounted mine vertically (only space I have with the oil cooler there) using the existing center brace in front of the condenser, there's even a free threaded nut to use. I disconnected the OE top cooler hose and used a brass 3/8" mender to connect it to the new line and ran hose to barb on the Hayden. For the bottom hose I ran from the Hayden toward the drivers side, cut a piece of the radiator core support out to ease the bend (2" sq. max), cut the lower hose where it affixes to the radiator fan shroud and used a 3/8" mender to connect the new hose to existing.

Do yourself a favor and use Awab hose clamps size 17.