View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 07:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingston View Post
That sucks! I had to replace my Commander's water pump also, but that was at 128k miles. So more of an expected replacement as those parts are only expected to last so long anyway.

Funny how cars go given I'd say my best experience with a car i've ever had was my Jaguar XJS, and worst was my Mazda 929 (there was not a single component I didn't replace on that car before 45k miles, Monumental POS! LOL!). You'd figure it would have been the other way around. Or at least the Jaguar would have been at the bottom of my list.
What's crazy is that every domestic I've owned, nearly, has had the water pump die at around 80K miles, while none of my JDM cars have ever had one die. My Infiniti did have the radiator die, though. And the transmission. And the motormounts. I'm sure my 370Z would have had stuff die if I'd kept it longer than 34K miles, too, considering the brakes had issues and the power steering pump would get super loud after I drove it hard and the transmission would always grind on the first shift of the day, especially if it was raining out (go figure...). Mainly, my Nissan products felt = to my Chrysler experience, so I have had no impetus to try them again and went with Mazda again, after my CX5 had the fuel pressure regulator go out at 106K miles (literally nothing else broke in the life of the vehicle except that, unless you count things like trim from a huge chunk of concrete that flew up, or the rear diff because I submerged it crossing a stream and didn't change the fluid like I should have---after another 2 months of driving (and no bearing whine!, it was the AWD clutch solenoid that went out! Fluid looked like a frappachino!).

I am hoping my CX5 GT Reserve lives just as storied a life, but got the 10y/150K mile bumper-bumper warranty on it just in case. Because it has a TON of tech in it, plus a turbo.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote