View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
Aren't AEM and Defi part of a system with a controller?

Not wanting that. Looking at Prosport JDM's now.
I'm not sure about AEM, but Defi has a few different lines. The ones I have are the Advance BF line and they do require a controller. It's nice though; the controller provides some nice features. Plus, it allows you to daisy-chain the actual gauges. So, in my case, I have the controller mounted under the dash, and I have all my probe lines running into the engine bay (this you obviously have to do even with gauges that don't use a controller). But with the Advance system, I have one 6 foot cord that goes from the controller to gauge A, then there is a six inch cord from gauge A to gauge B, and another 6 inch cord from gauge B to gauge C. They say you can daisychain 8 gauges on a line like this, and there are two lines available. It's like an extra $130, but well worth it in my opinion.

Having said that, I believe that the Defi Racer series does not use a controller, and they look similar to stock also (but not as much IMO).
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote