View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 01:31 AM   #104 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics View Post
Thanks for the good advice. I have used Redline motor oils and gearbox lubricants in the past in my Porsche and have always been very satisfied with their performance. I am planning to have the tranny oil and diff oil changed out with Redline stuff when I bring my car in for its 5K service and so I'll see if it improves things. Meanwhile, I'll continue to try to refine my 1 - 2 upshift technique to get smoother shifts consistently. Strangely, my downshifts into any gear, with SRM off, are all very smooth with no problem.
Welcome it sounds like nothing abnormal I would recommend keeping the SRM off then. My 6MT transmission was sometimes a bit notchy at times and strangely enough I would change my transmission fluid and it would overall smooth my shifts out. I highly recommend Redline MT-85 fluid for the transmission it worked very well for me. You do know for your differential Redline 75W90 gear oil is highly recommended and it has the required friction modifier already in it as well. Depending on your out come have you ever considered installing a different clutch/flywheel set up? The Coolerworx shifter would really help you out.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote