View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 01:15 AM   #103 (permalink)
physics
Base Member

Drives: 19 Nissan 370Z SC 6M
physics is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
Unfortunately the 6MT transmissions are well known for being notchy at times to shift. When you shift is your transmission is it making any noise that you know of? The 6MT transmissions in our Z’s are very strong and reliable I have seen them last 200K-300K miles really depends. Before you take any further action you should change your transmission fluid with a better quality fluid like Redline MT-85 transmission fluid and see if it smooths the transmission shifting out and makes conditions better. Changing your transmission fluid can make a difference.
Thanks for the good advice. I have used Redline motor oils and gearbox lubricants in the past in my Porsche and have always been very satisfied with their performance. I am planning to have the tranny oil and diff oil changed out with Redline stuff when I bring my car in for its 5K service and so I'll see if it improves things. Meanwhile, I'll continue to try to refine my 1 - 2 upshift technique to get smoother shifts consistently. Strangely, my downshifts into any gear, with SRM off, are all very smooth with no problem.
physics is offline   Reply With Quote