View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #100 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics View Post
My 2019 6MT sport with 3700 miles on it that has had a notchy 1st to 2nd shift since it was new, with the 2nd to 3rd shift a little notchy at times. I thought that it would smooth out as the transmission broke in but it has actually gotten worse. I'm now babying the tranny and double-clutching the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts to reduce further damage. My suspicion has always been that the synchros weren't working properly, but I'm no transmission expert. I have driven manual transmission cars ranging from mid-60s British sports cars, to a Porsche and numerous domestic cars over the last 45 years without a problem. I even had a couple of 5-speed Fords that had over 200,00 miles on them in which I had no problems with the transmissions, so I don't know.

I guess the first step will be to take it to the dealer to have them evaluate it. Knowing how these businesses operate, I'm anticipating having to fight with them to get them to acknowledge there is a real problem. Has anybody here had to go through the legal process to get Nissan or its dealers to do the right thing in cases like this?
Unfortunately the 6MT transmissions are well known for being notchy at times to shift. When you shift is your transmission is it making any noise that you know of? The 6MT transmissions in our Z’s are very strong and reliable I have seen them last 200K-300K miles really depends. Before you take any further action you should change your transmission fluid with a better quality fluid like Redline MT-85 transmission fluid and see if it smooths the transmission shifting out and makes conditions better. Changing your transmission fluid can make a difference.

Last edited by Quicksilvers; 03-08-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote