View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #315 (permalink)
StillenZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z Red M
StillenZ is on a distinguished road

Kyle: I know you probably have a ton of questions to answer but if you get the time I'm really curious about the following... I was on the GTM S/C thread and these people brought up what looked like some good points to me... I don't know much on here but they seem valid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldweik View Post
(as I see it) Stillen might have a hard time getting the car to run right with the 2 MAFs on the same charge tube.... I mean I stand for correction if I'm wrong but don't banks 1 & 2 generally get different data readings and voltages respectively? How can these variables ever be safely tuned out of what the (already sensitive) ECU wants to see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstrnldr View Post
Honestly yes i think the stillen piping looks like something i would see on homemade turbo .com. While i've not seen it in person, the Y portion looks like it will flow horribly. (could just be the glimpse we get in the video, i'm waiting to see it in person). If you want to continue to compare the two kits my next worry about the stillen kit would be the SC sitting so far away from engine, which seems similar to the previous vortech kits. That usually causes a lot of deflection in the bracket contributing to the belt slippage that everyone complains about. Hopefully they learned a lesson and added a way to stiffen that thing up a bit. Final concern with the stillen kit would be MAF location. i'm waiting to see where they actually put them, but i'm guessing they are going to have to share that main charge pipe. Not sure how the factory ECU is going to like that, or the fact that they are not reading a real intake air temp. Unless they add another IAT sensor post intercooler how will the tune know to change if the temp changes? I mean you can make the most efficient IC set up in the world, but it will change temps to some degree through the course of driving/racing etc, and the ECU should be able to see this to properly compensate.
Not trying to start any crazy Inner-forum gang wars but these all look like valid points and questions to me... If you get the time to answer it that would be much appreciated..

Lookin' great so far IMO... I hope everything is going smoothly and coming along faster than planned!