View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 12:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectpanda View Post
I understand they label it as long tube, but looking at the where the merge is I was curious what constitutes long tube vs mid vs short. Even in this thread, FI is saying PPE is considered mid-length. I was also curious is anyone has photos of the merge on it.

F.I. Long Tube Headers Vs. PPE Long Tube Headers

But the MCR headers are similar to the Motordyne so I suppose.

MCR Long tube headers
There may be a more technical, official way to describe the difference, but to the best of my knowledge, it's a matter of whether you cats/test pipes are separate pieces or not. In long tubes, that's all 1 piece. I've seen the term mid-length tossed around, but I'm not sure on that.

Z1 are shorties, using separate test pipes. FI long tubes bold directly to your Y pipe or whatever on your catback exhaust.
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote