View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #387 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

*Quick Update*

- Ordered two brand new stub axles to match the 09 Z

- My engine & transmission was being held on by a few bolts (maybe a 3rd or half of the bolts I was supposed to have -- they were completely not there!!!)

- Car has been in Eugene's shop (ByThaBay forum user) for about 4 days now.

- He found a whole slew of issues with the car, but I know it will all be taken care of.

- A custom adapter was made for the oil cooler sandwich plate because the previous one sucked

- Lower Oil Pan was re-gasketed correctly

- As for the stock idler pulley on the engine that slipped out a week ago, Someone damaged the threads before, There is a thread insert in the hole so the original bolt that supposed to go in there doesn't fit -- we need to find right bolt that has correct shoulder for threading to match the thread inserts. Eugene brought it to a machine shop and is getting this taken care of. Guy says he will try to find the correct wider bolt but if not he will find a solution for it somehow, so that's good news for us!

- He recommends I get a new rear control arm, and possibly go back to stock height / stock suspension and get rid of the KW V3's (Not sure if I want to do that though, I love my KW V3s) -- Instead I may just invest in some airbags to deal with any speed bumps / potholes I may run into on the road. He recommends this to avoid a lot of potential damage, since there's a lot of damage under the car from bottoming it out against things and if I put it to stock height it will be a lot safer for me to not damage the car

- Ordered a new battery for my car and wants me to return the YellowTop Optima battery (~$300 for that fresh battery), thankfully I can return it.

- Ordered new differential stopping plates because I was missing them in my car (I don't even know what those are tbh)

- The wiring harness / engine bay harness was redone and took ~5 hours to put properly with the engine still in the car because the wiring was all bad and messed up / in dangerous positions

- Needs new tires because the ones that came with the car when I purchased it are bald (I'm thinking to get R888's or something)

*More updates to come*

Last edited by cupcakez; 02-20-2019 at 07:41 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote