View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #386 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

*** Quick Small Update ***

AAA is currently taking my car to Eugene's house shortly.
Eugene has asked to keep the car there for 1 - 2 weeks as to make sure it is safe for when I drive it back home.

I really appreciate the guy more than this statement says.
I didn't expect him to diagnose the car at no charge, and even more -- I did not expect him to ask me to keep the car there for 1 - 2 weeks.

He told me he will do the best he can (and I know he will, especially with how meticulous he is with his work. And that he will even want to put a couple hundred miles on it to make sure the car is running safe and healthy, as well as do a lot of tuning on the car in person which I'm really happy about.

I told him that if my budget allows it, I will ask him to install the AAM Oil Pan Spacer kit as well as my yellow stuff brake pads that I left in the car in case, as well as if the budget allows it -- some brand new genuine akebono rotors as well.

He asked if I wanted to put it on the dyno machine not for tuning for power, but to make sure a few other things is okay with the car. I told him if the budget at the time allows for it, then sure, because it will cost about $600 to do so.

But before any of that I want to make sure it is free of all coolant, oil, transmission, blah blah blah you name it liquid leaks as well as the bolts are torqued to spec, and the parts on the car are genuine OEM parts and not any made in china parts. (I believe the pulley I purchased from O'reilleys was made in china -- the stock idler pulley that goes on the top of the SC bracket next to the jackshaft lol on the serpentine belt).

I also have a new polyurethane engine motor mount to swap in if time / budget allows it but that's not my concern right now so I will highly likely put that off til another time.

There's also some oil leak occurring somewhere in which I don't know where so I'm hoping to God that it is not from a cracked block due to the pulley popping off and hitting my block somehow causing oil leaks, as I saw there was oil above the oil pan and I'm hoping that was from the oil pan itself while driving which made it splash up there and nothing major. But we'll find out.

Stay tuned folks! Updates Updates Updates! Thread's alive again! haha.

Love you all <33