View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #6938 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
When they started to work on the pipe line up there. I turned down a job up there welding. Went through the interview and welding test with flying colors. Started asking about living conditions and cost of living. I just about fainted. One egg was over a buck, loaf of bead was 10 bucks, gallon of milk was 10 bucks. It would costs a mint to live up there at the time. Plus women was few and far between. STD's was running high too.

I worked a job up there for the Arctic drilling program 3-4 years ago. I never made the trip but we were instructed by the client on how to behave and react even in the grocery store. They were paranoid because O&G already has such a bad rep up there they didn’t want any more negative PR.