View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rodd
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z R’ster Red M
Rodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond reputeRodd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman12 View Post
Has anyone tried the smarttop mod? Per the youtube video it allows you to open/close the roof with a press of a button (no need to hold). I was thinking what if i got the mod and would hold/move the 5th bow out of the way when lid opens/closes. I know that currently i can hold the outside door button to open the roof but have to be inside and hold the switch to close the roof.

https://youtu.be/2BsM2C69lfg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That is a very good point VMAN. I forgot about the option of opening the roof with the little door button and my problem, which seams to be the most common one is the lid striking only during the opening process.(correct me if I'm wrong) Service manual recommends not doing this though ,ie should have car running. I assume this is to preserve life of battery however I think with cost in mind I would rather preserve cost of roof replacement!
I just went to my car to test this and it works a treat, a little pressure on 5th bow in the forward direction and it cleared the opening lid easily.
Still might consider the smartop mod though.

Cheers,
Rodd
Rodd is offline   Reply With Quote