View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 08:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have actually implemented this project and controlled the AC with my phone. I then wrote my own application that runs on Windows to further test. It does look really neat to have everything on a screen, but I actually wanted to keep tactile controls. The two main reasons for this is that it would be way easier to implement due to being able to simply buy a base model aftermarket 2-din stereo bezel instead of the added effort to make my own full console tablet bezel (or spend way more $$$ to buy something pre-made). Second, I actually really like physical controls. I tried the whole on screen environment in the Tesla and never really liked it to be honest. Sure, I would probably get used to it eventually, buy I felt like it was a bit too distracting. At least for me. The physical controls can be manipulated without ever taking your eyes off the road and that makes me much more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocSoldier View Post
Trimmed your post so I'm not quoting everything but look into this if you don't mind eliminating the knobs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13IPpjElL0
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote