View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
kntrider
Base Member

Drives: 14 370 S BLK M6
kntrider is on a distinguished road

Completely agree!

I sold my 09 Touring 2 years ago when I got my Lexus RC F.

Missed the Z so just picked up a '14 Sport a few days ago.

The guys at work gave me a hard time since all the ones they see are horribly modified.

I agree with them these guys are purists that own an R8, NSX, Cayman GT4 and S.

That being said, I missed the fun factor for the price and got it again as a toy and it sits next to my S2000 as a forever car.

I view it as a much cheaper alternative to the new Supra and bought it before others catch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 1771 View Post

Unfortunately there are a lot of young kids buying these cars and destroying them..... um.....er....I mean heavily modifying them, and not for the better. This is common though at this point in the life cycle of all sports cars. As they age the price comes down and the audience opens up to who can afford them. If you have the mental fortitude, check out the 370Z Facebook forum. It is chocked full of knucklehead kids doing all sorts of unspeakable things to their 370Zs. Eventually though they will get bored and move on to the next car they can afford. I plan to outlast all of them and will own this car until the day I drop dead. In twenty years from now I'm gonna be the old guy at the Z shows with the awesome classic 2009 370Z.

Overall I believe the general public knows little about this car. They think it is more expensive and faster then it is. Other car enthusiasts who have never driven one tend to really knock it though. They have no clue what it is capable of and always want to compare it to muscle cars.
kntrider is offline   Reply With Quote