View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Cory Gillmore
Base Member

Drives: 09 Sport/Touring MT
Cory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I think the 370z is sorely misunderstood by both the public and the car community. From what I gather, the general public doesn't know what to think of it, but car people in general think of it as an old, underpowered, slow car that only an idiot would buy instead of a new Mustang or Camaro. Every time I hear this, I get a sour taste in my mouth. I think most of us here can agree the 370 is a pure driver's car, and can not be compared to any muscle car, but people continue to do so. And as long as they make those kinds of comparisons, the 370z will have a bad reputation.
Nobody gets on my nerves quite like the muscle car "only drive a V8" douchebags that tend to drive Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers.
I agree completely about the Z being a drivers car. I haven't even found the limit of the cars grip yet as I don't seem to have the balls to! On my way home from work there's this sick little high speed chicane and when I'm lucky enough to get to it with no one in front of me I like to test myself a bit. No matter how fast I've hit it I've never even heard a chirp from the tires. It just digs in man. Which tells me I'd have to hit that thing going a good bit faster than I'm comfortable with to really reach the cars grip limits. And that would be a disastrous spot to lose control...
Cory Gillmore is offline   Reply With Quote