View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #295 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Well you have to factor in the custom intake manifold design, this is early design so cost are higher. I could see that maybe in a few years the price slowly coming down, but who knows as I am just speculating. Also, 10k from what I have seen is below TT territory, you might be able to buy a kit from AAM or GTM or others for 10k but that does not mean your car will operate 100%. Many of those kits do not have the extra cooling you will need or other additions you should have, which up the cost.
When I went to AAM, roughly $10k was the cheapest TT kit I could get. I can't remember if that was just the kit or the kit + install. But a proper kit with all the bells and whistles + install was going to run me at least $18k.

But you are right -- $10k for a TT is the absolute bare minimum.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote