View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 07:27 AM   #4111 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default The New "What did you do with your Z today" (with off topic replies) XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Morning folks! Monday morning sucked. Went to the gf's car in the morning to get ready to head back to CA, it wouldnt start! We had the starter replaced last year and I called the shop that did the work. It was still under warranty til today so they said to get it fixed and they would reimburse us. Turned out that the owner of the shop we took it to, my mom knew him..but no discount.boo!! lol - Christian Brothers Automotive...its a franchise, but man their shops are really nice.
Ended up replacing the starter, battery cable (it was frayed pretty bad at the end) and the oil pressure sending unit. GF paid 600 dollars but peace of mind we wouldnt be stuck in the middle of the desert..

They have a lot of those here in Houston. Mom always recommended the one by her work. Took my S-10 there in college for a cracked radiator, quoted me $800. I laughed and asked him if they were putting a gold one in. I bought the radiator, hoses, clamps and fluid for $90 and had it swapped out in 30 mins. I realize you have to pay your costs and make a profit, but 1000%.