View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 12:15 AM   #2535 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I know where you're coming from, I'm sure we all do. My mechanic has a shop to run (daily customer repairs) and could only work on my car in his free time (which he doesn't have a lot of). Work that would only take a few days to complete, took a month. Then my tuner is super busy and backed up, I had to make an appointment a month in advance. It's just the way it is. Fortunately, I still have my other toy (Mitsubishi Eclipse) to drive in the meantime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Z"en View Post
The same as here in Taiwan! They are both busy guys so I have to make sure I left my car in capable hands. It has been almost three months since I drove it to the garage. Hopefully I can have it back before the end of the month. I will then send my Mini JCW to another garage for mods once I have my precious fairlady.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the sympathy & empathy. I'm glad there are others in the same boat as me who is able and willing to share their experiences similar to what I am cryin' about

I actually and honestly needed it tonight.

On top of that, the guy who I was talking about that was unfortunately laid off by his shop just called me to help calm me down and help put my mind at ease about all of this.

So thank you to both of you, and to the mechanic friend that gave me a call to calm me down about things.

You guys are the best,

I think my problem is I keep thinking it is going to be done soon but I have unrealistic expectations.
Maybe I need to set my mind on it being complete by 2020 so that if done any earlier I can feel really happy lol