View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #1033 (permalink)
03threefiftyz
Track Member

Drives: 03 350z 6mt
03threefiftyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Kinda bummed I wasn't able to get over and watch BS run this year. It seemed like all the classes I wanted to watch were running on opposite course on the same days.

Wish I had could have had the same luck as you this year. Day 1 was only two runs as I ran 6th heat on Tues. and we lost daylight. Didn't bother taking the third run the following morning since it was cold and wet. Day 2 I got one run before the car lost clutch hydraulics (probably the CSC). Was able to jump into a partially prepped MSM but wasn't able to go faster than the one run I made in my car. Other than hanging out in paddock with friends and eating some awesome bbq, this was the worst nationals I've attended in the four years I've gone.

One interesting thing that did come out of BSP this year was the results of the 350z that ran BSP. Talking to them, the car was just an STU car with Hoosiers and a 100 octane tune. Maybe there's still hope for taking it to the MSM's after all. The ND Miata does appear to be in a league of it's own though.
To be honest, I left the class too soon. The MSM's should be faster than they are....I don't get it. That said, I haven't seen the pace from them since Robert's S2k and I left in 2014 to make me think we wouldn't still be in front. ND is the future, though, and I'm guessing the ND2 will be the car to have after it bumps into BSP in 2019-2020.

Oh...and no way on the 370z's competitive relevance in BS. The cayman does everything better.....everything. And even the Cayman will slowly get drown out on power courses....

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 09-10-2018 at 09:15 PM.
03threefiftyz is offline   Reply With Quote