View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
FlashGuy
Base Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G37S 6MT
FlashGuy is on a distinguished road

I have my EDFC motors powered by the accessory power sources inside the car. My car is a G37 so there is some differences. In the front, I have to motor driver on top of the front left relay box. I have it mounted via zip ties and zip tie anchors as to not block the motor driver breather ports.

I ran power wire through the firewall and into the cabin where I tapped into a an accessory power line.

For the rear, I removed all the lining in the trunk and mounted the rear driver the same way as the front (zip ties and zip tie anchors). There is a lot of hollow space between the plastic liners and the body so this was perfect. There were many rubber grommets in the trunk so I just ran the motor lines through there to each motor. To power the motor driver, I ran a power line up along the trans tunnel hump to the accessory power source in the arm rest.

Be sure to mount your EDFC controller unit somewhere rigid because there is a G sensor in it.

Finally, get the GPS speed unit and don't even bother with the speed sensor wire. It's $75 bucks and saves a lot of time and headaches.

Last edited by FlashGuy; 08-26-2018 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added information
FlashGuy is offline   Reply With Quote