View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

That what the first thing I was saying... temperature effects the gauges.

You also need to always compare engine vacuum to your fuel pressure. Monitoring your idle fuel pressure without comparing manifold vacuum is sort of like expressing wheel offset without knowing the wheel width. Its mostly erroneous information when one of the major contributing factors is unknown.

Between temperature and engine vacuum fluctuation, you're probably fine. A loss of even a few psi will show a clear change in the A/F. So if you are already closely monitoring your A/F, you are already seeing the aftermath of the fuel pressure. I wouldnt dwell on the fuel pressure much at all unless I was first seeing a problem in the A/F that needed diagnostics. But if you really want to know for sure that everything is OK, you can get nice fuel pressure gauges for less than $200.

Last edited by phunk; 08-13-2018 at 11:30 AM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote