View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #307 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but my questions are relevant to this particular install.

As some have pointed out, most other kits/instructions suggest mounting the cooler with the fittings on top. I understand the merits of mounting it fittings-down. One thing that the fittings-up method allows for is the "priming" of the cooler with a quart of oil before the sump itself is refilled after the install. Without being able to prime the cooler, what is the correct method to go about the refill? In my mind you would need to turn the car on to begin circulation, then turn off to add more oil once it's made it's way through the cooler. With the thermo. plate will the cooler fill up enough without bringing the car up to 180+ before adding the last quart of oil?

Are there any installs of the 36/48 row coolers? Were there any fitment issues?

My Z is 2017, so I have the oem oil/water cooler, which I believe is just another sandwich plate behind the filter. Do I have to remove that ( ) or are able to just stack the two sandwich plates back to back ( )
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote