View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:02 PM   #1030 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
ftfy

The wheel doesn't have to be off the ground to cause issue, just unloaded. When I used to have the Quaife (torsen style) in my car it was a real problem on corner exit getting the power down consistently. I imagine the vLSD would probably be slightly better than a torsen in that sense but only as long as the special goo in it hasn't broken down. Clutch types simply don't care if a wheel is unloaded or in air and will give you consistent and confident power down on corner exit.
I did an event this last weekend on stickier tires and the silicone fluid in that stock VLSD must have been beyond toast. It may as well have been an open diff coming out of turns.
With how negligibly it was putting power down, I'm assuming that inner tire was almost fully unloaded. In that case, a Quaife would only transfer 3x that amount to the other wheel. And 3x roughly zero is still roughly zero.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote