View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mrmancans09z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z, mt, slvr
Mrmancans09z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You need to let MA Motorsports to build the motor. Because from the sound of it. You built motor #3. To blow through that much oil. I would check the rings. Rings up side down, end gaps are in a line, not spaced, too big of end gaps. And when you said taps and piston skirt. You mean piston slap? And if that's the case. What is the bore diameter spec, and what is the piston diameter spec? If you are getting piston slap. Wonder if you have undersize pistons?

Everything I mentioned. I've seen.
Sorry they worded it as skirt. Here's all sypmtoms one of the pistons is slapping side to side as well as tapping the top. When I even attempt WOT at about 4-5500 it does something similiar to two-step (bap bap bap) and I must let off or I'll immediately go into limp mode. If I rev it at all, limp mode, if I sneeze near the car while it's turned off or even look at it wrong...... Limp mode

I was told it could be... Tap could be bad lifter or clearances were off. The side to side was a effed up bore, a bad ring or it didn't seat properly and forget the last thing he mentioned.

I just don't have the 6k+ to drop to give it to MA or I would. I really wish I started with them. I guess I could attempt to pull the motor myself and take it there but Im afraid of paying them just to say the motor is trash when a former employee ( left on good terms) gave an honest opinion of what he saw and believed the motor was junk. Basically said it would cost just as much if not more to pull the motor, crack, assess damage, and go through the legal process of getting money back from the "builder" as it would to suck up the loss and try again **palms forehead**
I honestly don't know the specs other than this
My novice rearing it's ugly head

JE Pistons .020 over
Eagle H Beam Rods
ARP Rod Bolts
Block inspected and cleaned
Block redecked
Block Bored and Honed using a Torque Plate
Rotating assembly balanced
Crank magnafluxed and the journals micro-polished
New Moly coated Race Spec main bearings installed
New Moly coated Nissan OEM rod bearings installed