View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #205 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
A lot of the insurance companies go by %. Normally 10% of value. If the repair is less then 10% of the value of the vehicle, then the vehicle gets fixed. If the repair is greater then 10%. The vehicle gets totaled.

My brother in law at one time worked in a junk yard. When they got cars in. They would look at the insurance papers, the year of vehicle, mileage, and blue book price. If the vehicle was what they call a 10%er. It would get fixed with a R-title. The junk yard made a nice profit of of them. The vehicle was totaled by the insurance but just had enough damage on it to go over the % rule. The junk yard had all the parts needed to fix it usually.
Thats for states that go off a ratio.
California and 20 other states do not go off a set ratio.
They go off of what I stated in my previous post.
2 states go off of a 100% ratio.
Then from there some smaller states are like down to even as bad as 40 or 50% but I have not heard of 10%. That is a hard to believe number unless maybe you are i. a tiny city or something

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...otal-loss/amp/

TLF states (21): Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont and Washington.

100 percent threshold (2): Colorado and Texas

80 percent threshold (3): Florida, Missouri and Oregon

75 percent threshold (16): Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

70 percent threshold (5): Arkansas, Indiana, Minnesota, Mississippi and Wisconsin.

65 percent threshold (1): Nevada

60 percent threshold (1): Oklahoma

50 percent threshold (1): Iowa

Last edited by cupcakez; 07-07-2018 at 03:29 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote