View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 01:18 AM   #161 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

I had an idea about how to get around the pressure build up if both plugs are plugged up with non-vented plugs in the self-contained V3 blowers!

If the pressure inside that builds up in the blower works like a soda can to where once pressure is in there it won't be released or dissipate until there is an opening, then my idea is worthless.

If the pressure inside that builds up is mainly because of heat only just like the radiator caps -- then maybe I could put the shipping plug to replace the vented plug, do a few hard pulls, then wait a bit until car is cooled off --> then take out the plug to release the pressure lol. Idk. What do you guys think?

Just a thought.

Either that or ... resort to making a custom catch can or something, or a barbed fitting that's the same size as the vent plug and use that barb fitting to connect to a container to catch all the oil that spills out while having that can relieve any pressure up top of the can as breather holes, idk haha.

What do you guys think? Thoughts?