View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 02:00 AM   #130 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakez View Post
What some of the mustang guys with SCs do is replace the vented plug with the shipping plug for the SC that way there is no way for oil to escape.
Downside is you risk too much pressure buildup and nay or may not break your current seals.

I would only use that solution as a last resort.

If your blower is stock internals and still requires 4oz of oil, I would stay with the 4 oz.
But if its still leaking, I would try a tiny less and see how that works.

I only confidently put less oil because the impeller volume size is a bit bigger than stock v3 sci impeller.

Now what I will say is I have only revved it to maybe 4 or 5rpms at max I think 6rpm by accident in low gears.

From that I still have yet to see any oil leaks but I hope I dont see any oil leaks in the high RPM range!!!
I am just now getting the 928 Motorsports impeller and bearings/seal upgrade/replacement and I'm not clear on how that changes the volume of oil required in the supercharger as you mention.
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote