View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 09:26 PM   #129 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimiser View Post
This is a previous post I made regarding my experience with this issue:

During my first session at a recent track day I was getting oil leaking out of the breather valve on my Vortech supercharger. I'm thinking it's because I'm over spinning with pulley upgrades as it didn't leak at a previous track day when the pulleys were stock. It doesn't leak at all driving on the road. It's just leaks at constant high RPM.
Is there any fix for this other than "downgrading" the pulleys which I don't want to do. Would getting a "Trim" upgrade with the high speed bearings and impeller fix this?
Has anyone else experienced this at the track with an "over spinning" Rotrex supercharger?
The only possible solution I could find on the net was to reduce the oil level in the supercharger by 1/4 to 1/2 oz out of it's normal 4 oz max fill, but I've not tried that yet.
What some of the mustang guys with SCs do is replace the vented plug with the shipping plug for the SC that way there is no way for oil to escape.
Downside is you risk too much pressure buildup and nay or may not break your current seals.

I would only use that solution as a last resort.

If your blower is stock internals and still requires 4oz of oil, I would stay with the 4 oz.
But if its still leaking, I would try a tiny less and see how that works.

I only confidently put less oil because the impeller volume size is a bit bigger than stock v3 sci impeller.

Now what I will say is I have only revved it to maybe 4 or 5rpms at max I think 6rpm by accident in low gears.

From that I still have yet to see any oil leaks but I hope I dont see any oil leaks in the high RPM range!!!
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote