View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #128 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakez View Post
06/23/2018 Update -- **VERY SAD**

My supercharger is leaking oil.
Not sure where or why but it was leaking oil.

Checked the dipstick and there's almost no oil left in it.
Saw oil inside the hex bolt (not the oil dip stick side but the other side)
saw it right below the supercharger seal / shaft area, saw it sprayed onto my strut bar, right below the supercharger belt, and pretty much everywhere on the drivers' side of the engine bay. the passenger side of the engine bay is all dry.

i think i dont know what to do.

i'm extremely depressed for a few reasons:

(1) the guy who rebuilt my SC is not responding to my texts or calls; he shut off his phone after i tried calling him first and leaving a message, then now his phone is shut off so im sure he heard the message. he is a mobile mechanic, i didn't get a receipt which i should have, and so there's no proof that he did the work for me. i doubt he is going to fix it for me.

(2) i dont know what part of the blower the leak is coming from. i believe it is coming from the shaft / seal and it may be a loose seal or something. i dont know.

(3) I don't know of any reputable person or shop in the sacramento area that is capable of rebuilding or taking apart and looking at and fixing supercharger issues. that's why i turned to a mobile mechanic who did a good job for sure, it's just leaking somewhere but it was at least running fine.

I understand errors happen but like, this made me extremely depressed.

I almost just want to sell the car and go stock 4 door reliable nothing boosted nothing modded no nothing. -_-

idk if i'm overreacting or not, but i'm pretty down in the slumps atm.
This is a previous post I made regarding my experience with this issue:

During my first session at a recent track day I was getting oil leaking out of the breather valve on my Vortech supercharger. I'm thinking it's because I'm over spinning with pulley upgrades as it didn't leak at a previous track day when the pulleys were stock. It doesn't leak at all driving on the road. It's just leaks at constant high RPM.
Is there any fix for this other than "downgrading" the pulleys which I don't want to do. Would getting a "Trim" upgrade with the high speed bearings and impeller fix this?
Has anyone else experienced this at the track with an "over spinning" Rotrex supercharger?
The only possible solution I could find on the net was to reduce the oil level in the supercharger by 1/4 to 1/2 oz out of it's normal 4 oz max fill, but I've not tried that yet.

I see you have a "workaround" for you issue but be warned of constant high RPM like a track day.
I'm still to see if reducing the oil level reduction will work for me next track day.

Last edited by Optimiser; 06-25-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Extra content
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote