View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #4169 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Good call. Started mine late as well, it wasn't even offered at my previous places of employment. I'm up to 10% of my income going in, incrementing up. My employer matches up to 5%, plus provides a bonus yearly (bonus is equivalent to all other cash bonuses I've received which is... a lot of money). I also have a Roth IRA, and HSA set up. It's a lot coming out of my check but fortunately I can do it, and my wife is doing pretty much the same with hers.
Yup. Doing the smart thing. You'll be far better off in the later years. I should look into an IRA. It's on my to-do list still. HSA is chugging along. I just drop $10 in weekly. I should increase that just to be on the safe end since all these fun medical things are now popping up.

Your company sounds way better for benefits. I only get 3% matched. But you become fully vested with the company after being here for 5 years. I only have a year to go, so that is always good. Can take it wherever I go.