View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #49 (permalink)
Zyonara91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010-Red-6spd-S/T
Zyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond repute

I know there are individuals who use the M1 0w40, that's fine however I feel the 40 weight is not for our engines as Nissan recommends a max weight of 30. However, don't get me wrong the M1 ow40 is some excellent stuff my buddies all use it in the Mercedes engines and the UOA comes back great.

I would recommend (in warmer climates) Redline, Amosoil, Penzoil Ultra, or Motul (e-xcess) 5w30 oil. Those are all fantastic oils which will give your car a prolonged life if you stick to the (5000 or 6000 KM) oil change intervals. For what it's worth I use Motul X-cess for my Z. You can also for a 0w30 oil from those brands ( who ever offers it) if you drive your Z in fall and the winter in much cooler climates.

Onto oil temperatures. You need a oil cooler for this car, like it or not. I have a 19 row Z1 oil cooler with the setrab core and thermostatic plate. On hot days here in Toronto (30 degrees plus), while stuck in traffic my oil gauge will not pass 95 C. When I do some spirited driving it will not pas 100, at all, and that's a 19 row cooler. If you want to take the car to the track I would recommend 25 or 35 row oil coolers. Also, get the thermostatic plate, don't be cheap, you will not regret it.
Zyonara91 is offline   Reply With Quote