View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Chuck View Post
For around 30 grand you will get the new 5.0 Coyote engine which is said to have around 412 hp with around 390 TQ. If they keep the weight down and tweek the suspension as they say then it could be a bargain. Granted the Z has handled the Mustang in all tests I have seen but give the Mustang another 100 hp and it could be interesting. The 'stang will never out handle the Z but with the additional 100 hp and a motor that is easy and cheap to mod might make things more interesting...Like the Mustang or not, the competition of more hp might find its way into the Z.
I don't know what comparative tests you were reading but most of the major car magazine comparison tests were for the most part so close that many of the car magazines considered the Z and Mustang to be pretty darn near equal.

I had a Shelby GT (not the GT350 or GT500) that could hand a 370Z's azz on a platter on a slalom course. And with a driver who knows what he is doing on a straight-line, either car could win on any given run. And since I owned both cars at one time (Shelby GT 47000 miles, 370Z 9600 miles) I should know as I drove them alot more miles than a weekend warrior car magazine editor.

Granted the Shelby GT isn't stock from a suspension standpoint but just about everything else is compared to a Ford production Mustang.

So again I don't know what you are reading when referring to when you say "The 'stang will never out handle the Z". I had one that did.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote