View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Chuck View Post
For around 30 grand you will get the new 5.0 Coyote engine which is said to have around 412 hp with around 390 TQ. If they keep the weight down and tweek the suspension as they say then it could be a bargain. Granted the Z has handled the Mustang in all tests I have seen but give the Mustang another 100 hp and it could be interesting. The 'stang will never out handle the Z but with the additional 100 hp and a motor that is easy and cheap to mod might make things more interesting...Like the Mustang or not, the competition of more hp might find its way into the Z.
I'm with Old Chuck! That's kind of funny to say. Old Chuck. Good name. Anyway, Mustangs are designed to be modified. I forgot what the exact statistic was, but it was over 50% of Mustang owners mod. I also heard that new Coyote 5.0L can handle ridiculous amounts of power, right from the factory. I like the looks of the Shelby, but 60k is a little much. Throw on a Supercharger, upgrade the brakes yourself and... VROOOM! Monster! Good for Ford!
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote