View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 11:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
I'm not sure what part you don't understand in that I do not have the discretionary funds to drop 1500 bucks on front upper control arms- especially after purchasing others already. I'm too far in to go back to stock, or to go down a different route. It's not even an option yet you keep ramming it down my throat.

All I'm asking for is help with my current situation. If you can't do so, then thanks.

Edit: and by looking at the SPL FUCA, I don't see any additional adjustments besides for the bushings moving in and out. Just like the Z1 arms. Though if anything, they're easier to adjust. I'd rather pay another hour of labor and save $1000, then throw away what I already have and buy brand new SPL FUCAs.
You have to realize that most of us here have seen aftermarket suspension parts break at one time or another. We know what works, and what don't. We are trying to steer you in the right direction. Sometimes it's a hard pill to swallow on the parts you bought are junk. I've been there myself. I fully understand your situation. My whole suspension is the SPL catalog. It wasn't cheap. But well worth it. The SPL upper control arms ARE adjustable for BOTH camber and caster. Install these and you and your wife will never notice any addition noise or vibrations. And the guy who is doing the alignment doesn't have to remove the tire or remove the arms to adjust them.

For your sway bar squeak. Where the rubber bushing is located on the bar. Remove the bushing, and wrap teflon pipe tape around that area. About 2 wraps. Then smear some grease over it. This will take care of your sway bar.

Can you post what your alignment specs are?

Here are threads that I put together on the SPL parts.

The Complete SPL Front Suspension

The Complete SPL Rear Suspension (Almost)

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 05-08-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote