View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN SHARK View Post
I was able to buy the OEM Nissan glass from a dealer and had Safelite install it at one of their shops. My insurance company, Progressive, covered the cost minus $75. Granted, I had to ask to speak to some supervisors when I called to make a claim.
I have progressive. Called them first thing this morning. They said I’d have to pay my $500 deductible to get glass replaced. They only fully cover repairs at no cost to me. I have my car and motorcycle through them, both full coverage. With roadside and all the bells n whistles. And they still were gonna make me pay the $500 deductible to get the $900 + OEM Glass but said my best bet is to get the cheaper option as it would be around $200-300 which would be less than my deductible and not have any effect on the next months premiums. I really don’t want to make a claim anyways. Not on glass at least.

Side note : I had a guy on the 370z Facebook page that said his is replaced with XYG and is just fine. My windshield is tinted 30% anyways so I doubt I’d notice the tiny imperfections , but I don’t want waviness in the glass, water leaks, air whistles on interstate or fogging issues is all.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote