View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #1053 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
I spoke directly to the owner/mechanic that does the builds. I think his name is Tony?? He seemed like a very nice guy and was being very honest. He said you can throw 700wtq at it but it wont last long at that power level. He said if you want it to last as long as the car then 500wtq is the limit when driving it hard.

I would trust this over the secretary.

Okay. I am willing to believe the 700 wtq number, but not the 1200 - 1400 LOL
I was like wtf....when she told me that. I honestly believe she was thinking HP or something or trying to lie to my face about it, no idea but either case...1200 - 1400 seems way too crazy.

You spoke to them right now? -- Or this was over a year ago when Tony said that?

I'll give them a call later today and ask again... and then ask what parts of the transmission make it hold that much TQ if at all, then report back here!

Thanks for your input topz! Makes me want to re-investigate again.