View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #9024 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
Well boyZ, everything was going good, I started to bleed the brakes, well I was on my first one (the passenger rear), it went good.. then I went to top off the master cylinder with the 2 bottles of RBF600 I had, come to find out both unopened bottles were bad..

How were they bad you ask?

Well, I poured a little bit into the master cylinder, and saw the fluid to be damn near clear as water.. I guess I had the bottles for so long, the fluid went bad. So now I gotta order more which means, the car will be down for a few more days.
Brake fluid is hygroscopic. It will suck moisture out of the air. An open sealed bottle is good for no more then 6 months. Unopened bottles. I wouldn't trust over a year.

EW, bleed your brakes a couple of times. Then after a month. Get the brakes real hot, like when you are bedding the pads in. After you do that. Bleed them again. This should take care of any remaining moisture in the system.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html