View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
bcfromfl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 PW Nismo 6MT
bcfromfl will become famous soon enoughbcfromfl will become famous soon enough

Having just gone through months of searching for a low-mileage 2015+ Nismo, I can tell you that both cars you refer to are overpriced. The NA car...maybe...if it is otherwise clean without any dings or scratches. Has either car been driven in the winter? The used Z market is tanking, and only pristine low-mileage cars are getting book. By way of comparison, I purchased my car for not that much more than the s/c car you've looked at, with only 2,300 miles on it...from a dealer no less. It also has a $2,000 clear wrap that the dealer wasn't even aware of. (I was there on the lot two days after they got the car in on a trade, knew what I was looking at, talked them down $1,500, and grabbed it.)

Also, car mods as a rule do not add significantly to the resale of a car, with the exception of some Z cars that have had thousands and thousands invested -- twin turbos are an example. If you decide you want to have a car that performs the way you'd like, you can't look at the parts as an "investment" that will come back when you sell. In some cases, mods can even drop the potential value.

I second what was said above about the Stillen kit. Supercharging the Z with the basic Stillen is a recipe for disaster, and I would be highly reluctant to purchase one with that kind of mileage. The A2A conversion is a completely different animal, and much, much safer for the engine. I think the s/c head unit would be the least of my worries with the basic Stillen kit. Don't focus so much on what the car has -- imagine how it was driven by the previous owner. Those are hard miles.

You're not going to pull away from recent-gen Mustangs without a lot of upgrades. An automatic tranny will help, but reduce the fun factor of the car. Also, an automatic will generally limit your hp/tq numbers without getting into an expensive rebuild.

You may be disappointed in the car if you decide to track it, without expensive suspension/brake mods and perhaps even tires. Depending upon how enthusiastic you are about it, you could go another $5-10,000 to seriously compete on a track.

For 90% of my searching, I used Autotrader and Cars.com. You can use their filters to narrow down the potential results, and both sites work well. Best of luck!
bcfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote