View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #152 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The threads would be below the camfer.

Or, as per Rusty, it was pressed in. I kind of doubt this as most grease systems are fairly high pressure, but I'm no expert.
I've worked on a lot of equipment that had pressed in zerk fittings. Had to replace a bunch of them too. Grease systems are not high pressure. Once you remove the gun. The pressure goes away. When greasing. Once you get the first fill of grease in. After that, you only need two to three pumps of new grease into the bearing. Any more then that. You CAN over grease the bearing and damage it. Some bearing housings will have a plug 180 degrees away from the zerk fitting. On these. You remove the plug and grease until you see some grease start to come out of the plug hole. When you do, stop greasing and install the plug.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote