View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #77 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute

I mean if we’re being honest there are several possible reasons we don’t hear much about it. 1st and foremost being the lack of cars in that power range. I would wager someone a good $1000 that there is, absolutely, no more than 20-25 800+whp z34/g37 VQ37 powered cars in the entirety of the world currently. The people who are there most of them likely tight lipped or shop builds(which often times leaves owners out of the loop if they aren’t familiar with engine building/failures). Two(which happened to be my case) no one wants to build this engine 10 times over, failure after failure, scratching your head wondering where the hell youre going wrong; when you’re doing everything the way it should be. Most people driven that far would probably just give up anyway. Another reason being the shops that are aware of this don’t want to share the secret. If you’re always giving away what you know then it becomes increasingly hard to stay one step ahead. Sounds selfish, but it’s business. I happen to have learned the hard way whilst staying dedicated. I would just hate to see someone else wind up on the same path, when for a small fee of $1500(which was about the average cost of each of the 7 or 8 initial times I rebuilt the motor), you can have an insurance that 110% prevents you from this. My high compression 930whp RJM closed deck engine was running like a champ when it let go, and there’s not a doubt in my mind at all that it would still be going strong had I not suffered severe con rod failures that led to a total loss of the engine.