View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
HEK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 Z Tour Sports 6m
HEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my '13 leftover on '14 with only 6 miles as New Englanders do not like rear wheel drive cars for Winter drivers. I learned how to drive in the snow back in '74 with snow tires rear wheel drive and never had an issue. My Z is driven all year round, just change all 4 tires to snow tires. Everyone here told me that it would rust and it would have an early terminal illness aka as cancer/ rust. I will take pics of the undercarriage when it's time to another oil change or get my Summer tires back on and see how rust I have...so far minimal. I bet you get more rust living in a sunny place next to the Ocean as the salt in the air doesn't discriminate. I also know that some of my friends bought aluminum / stainless steel exhausts but what they don't know is that the brackets are steel and rust likes them...good luck..Oh BTW there are sprays that slow down the rust. Used by boaters kind of like a coating used on beds for pick up trucks...do the research one day I will but you need to sand down the rust before you apply it..
HEK is offline   Reply With Quote