View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfromfl View Post
Thanks for the offer, Jayhovah! The clutch is intimidating, and I wouldn't trust it to any of the...dare I say...redneck mechanics around here. (They just beat the heck out of our 2016 Mazda3 at the dealership -- nowhere is safe!)

The part I'm dreading the most about the support mods is the fuel end of it...pump, top hat, upgraded electrical, and rails. I've copied TBatt's thread on this for reference, but I just have this feeling that it's going to be a bear. The actual s/c, belts, intake, and intercooler seem like a piece of cake by comparison.

I did a little research this afternoon, and found a shop in Tallahassee -- Tallahassee Speed Shop -- which I might trust for the clutch and pedal. I haven't called, but I think they have a dyno, too. I'll keep looking. There might be something over in Pensacola, but that's twice the distance of Tally.
Ohhh I misunderstood you - you are farming out the clutch job and RJM (the good one) pedal... Honestly any competent mechanic can do that job so I wouldn't stray too far and I am sure you could find someone local. I've done all my own work including my TT kit with the exception of my clutch/flywheel/CSC job which I took to a local mechanic. Just go to your local Cars&Coffee meet and ask all the guys with expensive cars where they go =)

When I was looking for the guy I used I just googled and found an independant shop with good reviews and drove over to check it out.. pretty clean operation and there were a bunch of nice and rare/interesting cars on the property for service so I knew this was the right guy. Be prepared to pay a little more for labor hours at a good shop.

The RJM pedal (particularly the latest version) is supposedly a very easy install...the creator even suggests you DIY it so you have a better understanding of the mechanism. I'd say try it on your own!

I actually grew up in Pensacola! Still visit a few times a year as my folks are pretty rooted over there.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote