View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 10:26 AM   #1083 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix023 View Post
I'm looking forward to my annual bonus hitting next month and putting the 34 row oil cooler on. I've had a few incidents of missing 3rd and getting 5th when calling on the oomph, so I've been seeking opportunities to practice the 6-3 shift. (when you call on oomph and are at lower speeds, 2nd is obviously easy to hit as it is on the far left and quite frankly I doubt that I will ever use 4th gear in anger)

Once I get the cooler in I can finally do the last stage of my "get acquainted with your car" routine that I've used with my last three manual transmissions: Taking first up to the redline and then staying on the top of the revs (5k-7.5k in this case). Without the additional cooling the car can't be operated this way for long enough to get familiar. Both on the road and in sim racing, I tell speed and shift points more by sound than reading gauges (keeps my eyes on the road).
Used to be you waited until the valves floated before you grab the next gear.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote