View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
jmroy6
Base Member

Drives: Spirited
jmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond reputejmroy6 has a reputation beyond repute

Just seems weird that it would read low at idle but function fine on cold startups 90+ psi. A replacement sensor is on its way, hopefully it does the trick. The sensor reads 150psi BTW and its tied into the stock sending unit location. Where is your AEM located? Is it manual or electronic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
It could be the sending unit for your oil pressure gauge. If the idiot light hasn't come on but the pressure is reading that low that could be the problem. The light has it's own sending unit.

I have an AEM oil pressure gauge and it reads about 30-35psi at idle with the oil around 180°F.

Keep in mind that the Z runs very high oil pressure. The bypass valve kicks it at about 105 psi so if you got a oil pressure sending unit that can't go above 100psi it could have been damaged. When picking out the oil gauge I almost made the mistake of getting a 0-100psi gauge. I did a little research and found that a 0-150 is better suited for the Z.