View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #129 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles899 View Post
*having trouble getting pics inserted right now*

Its been a little bit since I posted any updates. After the slight hurdle with my wife not agreeing with my hobby I figured out how to keep my Z and keep her happy.

I ended up getting her a BMW X5 and now it seems like she forgot I even have my Z. So lesson learned buy her something she wants before any big Z purchases lol.

Back to the Z, I ended up taking everything off/apart to clean flush all the aluminum out of the engine and IC, piping, BOV ect ect with repeated oil changes. Put it all back together with the new Comp Turbo and got it tuned locally.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/951732...posted-public/

Not bad, 438hp 364tq to the wheels on a mustang dyno 91oct around 10psi. I would of liked to see more but with a tired motor that's been fed aluminum I can be happy with those numbers for now. Tuner said main thing holding the car back was 91oct Cali gas .

Car is a blast to drive besides traction loss even at speed. Just ordered some 18inch RPF1 9.5 F 10.5R .....not sure on tires yet but probably 275F and 295R size wise. Next after this is to probably start secretly getting my motor built and a return fuel system for either e85 or just run streetblaze 104 from a local station or even just buying the 5gal VP or Sonoco stuff..this will be awhile before the motor build happens unless this engine let's loose hopefully not destroying everything in it's path.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/951732...posted-public/

Go with 275/305 on the tires. You don’t want to mess with the stagger.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote