View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #134 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj7379 View Post
How Long do you think it takes to install this kit, I have 2017 370 base with no lsd.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/quaife...d-pr-2397.html

I understand it does not come with shims/spacers, where can I purchase the ones I need. Thanks.
Having that new of a ~Z~ ,,,You shouldn't need any seals or shims/spacers (other than a tube of Ultra Grey/Black RTV)
Mine was a plug & play...came with new bearings already pressed on & there are only 2 thick shims (1 on each side of carrier).
Pop out both shafts,remove cover & clean all old silicone,remove 4 bearing cap bolts(mark them first) & then gently pull out,,,may take a lady-slipper & prybar.
Though you have a 17',may be easier to just install new side bearings vs. having yours pressed off & onto new one.
don't mix up the thick side shims (L/R) mark those as well.
After removing ring gear from open carrier & torquing to spec on Quaife (w/Loctite),,,just drop it back in & put the thick washers on each side of bearings (as they came off) and Torque down bearing caps to specs (i'm thinking Loctite on those as well) & "Presto"...should be set.
Ck. backlash & use some type of substance to ensure gear contact/mesh is correct.
Also,,,those side washers on each side of bearings will be snug going back into place.
as for you Question-Once out from under the ~Z~ & taking your time-you can install it into the pumpkin in 1 day easily.
You may want to up-grade your bushings; as the rear center one is oil filled & will eventually fail.
A Weekend Job is do-able for sure; pending that you have proper tools & decent work place.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote