Thread: From Z to A
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #66 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Pretty much like the C7 Corvette after driving it to the dragon in NC my oil change meter drastically went down, had to make me change it 3.3k miles for $100 of 10 quarts of oil. Not bad.

For Porsche Cayman asked the dealer how much oil change its $300 one or 2x a year depending on how often and hard you drive. Yayks!!! $300
I think if I keep the mileage on it low enough, I may get away with no oil change for up to a year.

It seems strange to me somehow that the car will tell me when it needs fresh oil, but if this is becoming increasingly common in modern performance cars, I'll just go with it.

Fluids aside, a 12K and 36K, every nut and bolt is supposed to be checked and re-tightened, which apparently is not cheap and a knuckle-busting full day's work as a DIY.

I think you have to take the rear wheel off to access the air filter... I think I'll just find an Alfa dealership around me who can assist.